I'm interviewing for a flooring installer position. I'm changing careers towards construction and actually interviewing for a company is a first since I've typically just worked under General Contractors in the past.
In IT I would wear a nice button down, khakis, and dress shoes. I'm not sure if that says the right thing for a construction job. Maybe it does? That's why I'm here.
I've also considered wearing a nice button down and dark wash jeans, but I'm not sure what shoes I would wear to match that. I have running shoes, brown dress shoes, black dress shoes, and various sorts of work boots (low top hiking boots, thigh-high steel toe brown boots in good condition).
I'd be happy to head over to Goodwill to get different shoes, but right now I'm not sure what to get if I need to go that route.
Any advice? I want to look nice, but I don't want to project 'office staff'.
[link] [comments]
from Construction http://bit.ly/2CG7oLz
via Handy Rep Ai
Comments
Post a Comment