I am currently an assistant superintendent for a multifamily construction company in Texas. I am in my twenties and have been doing it about two years now. I really enjoy my job as a superintendent, but I can tell that I will burn out on multifamily within the next couple jobs. It's just so monotonous. It's the same thing over and over again for (insert number) units until the job is done. Like most multifamily the materials are all cheap and crappy and it's all about quantity over quality, though we're building "luxury" apartments. For this reason the subs tend to be pretty careless. As a contractor for 8 or so years before this job, I was fortunate enough to be taught by very skilled tradesmen who take great pride in their work, thus learning to do the same. I would love to hear of any suggestions of areas I could look into moving toward that would be more interesting or fulfilling than multifamily.
[link] [comments]
from Construction https://ift.tt/2wseZtI
via Handy Rep Ai
Comments
Post a Comment